PDA

View Full Version : anbody think re5 is racist

dethlok
05-15-2008, 12:23 PM
i mean your white and all of the villagers are black its like revenge of the kkk i meant really 1 white man 3000+ black people let the slaughter begin???? there is some racist thing going on here some kkk members are gonna play this i bet everyone that kkk members are gonna play this game no doubt

Snake
05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
i mean your white and all of the villagers are black its like revenge of the kkk i meant really 1 white man 3000+ black people let the slaughter begin???? there is some racist thing going on here some kkk members are gonna play this i bet everyone that kkk members are gonna play this game no doubt

No, its just because some africans are canibals so it fits the story, he doesn't always fight black people, in re4 he fought southern farmers.

dethlok
05-15-2008, 12:36 PM
aactually there are some cannibals but have you seen the trailer how the black people get infected there eyes start bleeding then they attack its wierd but i am pretty sure its racism as for re4 it was racist against the mexacans

EXPL051VE
05-21-2008, 04:34 AM
No, my friend. Resident Evil 5 isn't racist. The developers have stated that it's set in Africa because that is where the T-Virus originally originated from (such as AIDS did, I suppose.) It has NOTHING to do with skin color.

Maybe if Africa had a good number of Caucasians living in those African villages, we'd see some in the game mixed into the crowd of virus-enraged villagers. But they don't, so the game won't.

People that think this game is racist, or is going to be racist, are ignorant, and should probably do a little more research on what they complain about. And I'm trying to be as nice as possible by saying that.

:thumbs

bradm
05-21-2008, 07:08 AM
No, my friend. Resident Evil 5 isn't racist. The developers have stated that it's set in Africa because that is where the T-Virus originally originated from (such as AIDS did, I suppose.) It has NOTHING to do with skin color.

Maybe if Africa had a good number of Caucasians living in those African villages, we'd see some in the game mixed into the crowd of virus-enraged villagers. But they don't, so the game won't.

People that think this game is racist, or is going to be racist, are ignorant, and should probably do a little more research on what they complain about. And I'm trying to be as nice as possible by saying that.

:thumbs

It may not be intended to be racist! but come on guys lets face it.. This game is going to get hammered real bad! The press will pick on this issue and blow it out of proportion, and cause this game to be blacklisted by millions!
just wait. I can see were the developers are coming from, they are trying to produce an authentic game, which doesn't go stray away from the fact that there are almost NO caucasians in such parts of Africa. But having said that, let there be no caucasians in such a part of Africa! Why not have an african character, whether it even be an african-american that causes this slaughtering!, I'm just saying, If your going to make a game based on the spread of AIDS in such areas of this world, why make the infected, enemies. It truly is wrong to make a game that portrays people with a certain disease in an opposing way, these people in reality should be helped, and not slaughtered, so as to the fact that this game is about people in that part of Africa where AIDs is overly common, why make it look like an atrosity!

EDIT: This is purely my view and am not picking a fight with anyone! please dont take any of what I said offensive!
I'm just trying to state that the concept of the game is heavily inappropriate!

RenegadeSniper7
05-22-2008, 06:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQmoC-vMm8

Watch it. Be amazed.

dethlok
05-22-2008, 08:22 PM

:thumbs ok so its not racist but if you really think about it some people(oh say jack thompson) gets angry about the game for being racist then there would be no re5 but i really think it is racist just my opinion tho

MonictheDemon777
05-23-2008, 12:19 AM

LOL AT EVERYTHING! i dont play the RE games but man that was funny!
and is that true? "this game is rated K for KKK will play this game"

oh and i saw one of my older brothers freind play RE4 for the PS2 and when he died the letters said "You are dead" he left it go on for awhile and then it LOOKED like it said "You are Deacle" so we made YOU GOT DEACLE.

creepy game though....

bradm
05-23-2008, 06:48 AM
What i know!! Is that this game is going to get hammered by Anti-gaming jounalists and lawyers (... jack thompson?)
Even if its not there intention, this game will create racist and painful feeling for millions of black people around the world! That is why it will get destroyed and probably not be sold in the major game retailers! to avoid the [beep] they will get into.

RenegadeSniper7
05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaQmoC-vMm8

Watch it. Be amazed.

Uh, hello! Watch that video!

TheRiGuy
05-23-2008, 08:16 PM
we shot white people in the first, second , and third games, and spanish people in the fourth. So now its the blacks turn (oh im black btw so dont even bother calling me racist, you're racist, if you feel that only white deserve to get shot, it's progress to me at least they have black people in this game(seriously have u seen us in anything else?)) Imma shoot them black people and smile while im doin it.
there ya go

MonictheDemon777
05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
there ya go

ROFL! Its realy weird... you dont see many black people in anything!