PDA

View Full Version : scammers on halo 3

scott
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
i think the people at bungie need to fix there service because a lot of people are getting hacked lately. They should update their servise.

Eric Sherman
05-01-2008, 07:30 PM
That has nothing to do with bungie and halo. It's because of stupid people giving out passwords.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM
i think the people at bungie need to fix there service because a lot of people are getting hacked lately. They should update their servise.

it's not Bungie, if you're referring to people's account's being hacked? then it's Xbox Live, which is Microsoft. It's been out for a while, was really big near the end of the Halo 2 run, people were getting their accounts hacked left and right. I don't know the exact way they do it, but it has to do with a loophole in the Customer Support line, you call in, give very very general info and the gamertag, and they will give you the password for the windows live ID. It's a pretty big loophole having to do with terrible security on MS's part, and most calls going to India :P, but ya I believe MS has been working on it and upping the security, so now you need a lot more info to change stuff with your account.

If I'm way off what you meant then I'm sorry.

Snake
05-14-2008, 03:43 PM
it's not Bungie, if you're referring to people's account's being hacked? then it's Xbox Live, which is Microsoft. It's been out for a while, was really big near the end of the Halo 2 run, people were getting their accounts hacked left and right. I don't know the exact way they do it, but it has to do with a loophole in the Customer Support line, you call in, give very very general info and the gamertag, and they will give you the password for the windows live ID. It's a pretty big loophole having to do with terrible security on MS's part, and most calls going to India :P, but ya I believe MS has been working on it and upping the security, so now you need a lot more info to change stuff with your account.

If I'm way off what you meant then I'm sorry.

God damn, ever since I made my new account, I can't login for some conflict with the email so I was gonna call today for my password to be reset and use a new email, but thank god I didnt lol.

Kneel 2 NEIL (SCAMMER)
05-15-2008, 10:43 AM
God damn, ever since I made my new account, I can't login for some conflict with the email so I was gonna call today for my password to be reset and use a new email, but thank god I didnt lol.

you should still be able to, if it's your account and you have the info then there's no problem really. It's just people who didn't have much info about someone's account could easily get access.

But since you own the account, it's yours, you know the email info, you should be able to call in and change whatever info you want.

yockman55
06-20-2008, 06:44 AM

yep:banana:banana:banana:smile: