PDA

View Full Version : spore ds

Rave
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
just got it yesterday and it is AWSOME! i STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT!

incognito
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Yea well I can't believe I spent $50 on the online version of it..
Their DRM puts spyware and malicious content on your computer, and you can only install it from your disc three times before the cd is useless and you have to buy a new one. Why does EA treat their customers like criminals?

Rave
09-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Their DRM puts spyware and malicious content on your computer, and you can only install it from your disc three times before the cd is useless and you have to buy a new one. Why does EA treat their customers like criminals?

yeah i heard about that, thats why i bought spore ds instead :D even tho you cant play with other ppl in it:crap

MaximoMilkman
09-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Why not realease it for all consoles also.. isnt that were the money is at i mean if they can put it on a DS im pretty sure they could fit it on a dual layer blu ray disc.. Or a like 10GB xbox disc come on SPORE get your head in the game!

mrhappyasthma
09-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Woot I may get spore DS today. (How is not important ;))

EDIT: I got it. Now to try it out and see if its any good.

XPISigma
09-12-2008, 02:59 PM

Your always only allowed a small number of "copies." You don't understand how the system works. You can only register Spore on 3 computers, this is so you don't let friends borrow it and stuff. That would really hurt the sales. I haven't gotten any malware or anything, your protection programs obviously don't know how to do their job. Note: protection programs detect executable files that transfer data and mislabel them as harmful.

The game is great, but you'd have a better time with it if friends are playing it at the same time.

incognito
09-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Your always only allowed a small number of "copies." You don't understand how the system works. You can only register Spore on 3 computers, this is so you don't let friends borrow it and stuff. That would really hurt the sales. I haven't gotten any malware or anything, your protection programs obviously don't know how to do their job. Note: protection programs detect executable files that transfer data and mislabel them as harmful.

The game is great, but you'd have a better time with it if friends are playing it at the same time.

You should know your facts first. When you install spore, you are automatically installing SecuROM. Certain aspects of SecuROM are similar and have the same functions malware consists of, and users aren't informed when SecuROM is included with a product. When people want a game they don't want additional things installed on there computer, and especially not a program that acts like Malware.

Days before Spore was released, hackers got Spore illegally that doesn't even CONTAIN the DRM (Digital Rights Management). Yet, whoever goes out to buy it legally in stores has to face the concequences of the DRM and only install Spore three times. I installed Spore when I got home on my pc, but a part of my graphics card could not be updated so I had to go out and buy a NEW graphics card. I installed that, and then I had to reinstall Spore. Then I was down to two installations left before my Spore CD could not be used anymore. SecuROM started messing with my computer so bad and bringing me into low memory that I had to reformat my computer. Reformatting for me takes ten minutes, so I didn't mind. However, I had to reinstall Spore AGAIN. Now all three are used up and my 55$ CD is now useless. If I want to install Spore again on another PC I will have to go and dish out another $55 and buy a whole new CD because of the DRM.

It is completely unfair that we are being treated like Criminals and being forced to keep our installations under three uses or buy a new CD, while hackers are able to use their free "stolen" copy without any DRM.

If you don't believe me that Spore also installs SecuROM then take a look for yourself and read through the 2,000+ 1 star ratings and read it for yourself. http://www.amazon.com/Spore-Mac/dp/B000FKBCX4

Electronic Arts, I am no Criminal. Why should I be treated like one?