PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Win A Wii! You can win a VC game from me!

EternalLight
12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I've recently talked with bean and he said that I could do this. I'm trying to win a Wii for my sister, and to do this I need referrals to the site. The site is called NowTune and is a online music player where you can upload your own songs from your desktop and play them. The contest to win the Wii is whoever gets the most referrals by Jan. 3, wins a Nintendo Wii.

http://nowtune.com/signup?code=XGMOA
^Sign Up Here^

*READ:The contest requires each referral to upload 10 songs and play each song once (the song does not have to go through all the way through to count as a play.

Ok, according to the title, you can win VC games from me. I'll be holding a raffle and there will be 2 winners who can choose:

1x 1000 VC Game
or
1x 800 VC Game
or
2x 500 VC Games

I will run this by tickets. If you upload 10 songs and play each song once, you will get 1 ticket. But if you upload 15 songs and play each song twice, I will add a additional ticket. This contest will run like a raffle.

In your post include the following:
Name Signed Up With:
Prize You Want:
Wii Friend Code:
E-mail:

People Who Entered:
None

skaterboi15
12-27-2007, 02:30 PM
i might do this but i want refs 2 i want to win a wii 2 lol

M4M
12-27-2007, 03:31 PM
forgive me, but what is a VC game?

sk8er_on_speed
12-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Before I waste my time doing this, just wandering is it meant to go to the url
http://nowtune.com after you click on the link? (Making sure im counting as your referral).

This is sweet, its bloody hard to win VC Points cards if your from AUS, this is a sweet comp:thumbs

Also do we get 2 tickets per 15 songs or is it 2 ticket for 15 songs thats it?

A Virtual Console game is a game that is downloaded off Nintendo's download service on the Wii and can played via the dashboard (They are classic games from past consoles) Its pretty much a way to legally download roms and play them via your Wii. (It costs 20USD for 2000 points and EternalLight has the prices of the past Nintendo consoles listed).

EternalLight
12-27-2007, 03:35 PM

VC stands for Virtual Console, it's downloadable content that can be bought from the Nintendo Wii's online store.

M4M
12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
ah, ty.....silly ten letter limit, lol

stuff
12-28-2007, 04:33 AM
eternal light i signed up but im not sure whether im your referal or whatevr help me plz cuz my brother has LOADS of songs on his computer and i REALLY want super mario bros 3 for my wii ( dats the only reason y im on this site, to get the 2000 opoint wii card)

sk8er_on_speed
12-28-2007, 05:42 AM
EternalLight could you answer my questions please?

EternalLight
12-28-2007, 06:17 AM
EternalLight could you answer my questions please?

Ah, sorry I didn't catch your question. I'm actually not sure if the we can send VC Games over from the US to AUS, I will have to look it up. Also to sign up, go under this link:

http://nowtune.com/signup?code=XGMOA

@stuff: Include this information in your post:

Name Signed Up With:
Prize You Want:
Wii Friend Code:
E-mail:

I will find out if you did or not.

stuff
12-28-2007, 06:23 AM
name signed up with :djomdjie
Prize i want: INternet browser and super mario bros 3
wii code: will be included in the next post as my brother is watchin tv now

EternalLight
12-28-2007, 06:26 AM
name signed up with :djomdjie
Prize i want: INternet browser and super mario bros 3
wii code: will be included in the next post as my brother is watchin tv now

yep, you are signed up. All you have to do is upload 10 songs and play each song once.

sk8er_on_speed
12-28-2007, 06:41 AM
Name Signed Up With: sk8eronspeed
Prize You Want: Super Mario Brothers (NES), Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)
Wii Friend Code: PM me if I win, ill tell you there
E-mail: PM me if I win, ill tell you there

Im uploading my tunes now. (15 songs, I will play each once).

EDIT: NVM, sending Wii Games as presents is country locked. I will still go and upload some songs to help you out though.

EDIT 2: Done and done

EDIT 3: Include me in the draw, If I win I will give you the friend god of a yank friend of mine.

knucklessonic8
01-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Could I have a go at this?
I REALLY need a Points Card and getting a VC Game right off the bat is the next best thing.

My request? Starfox 64, Sonic 2 or Super Mario Bros. 2. PLEASE

I'll sign up and hopefully it'll all go well.
When do you plan to do the rafffle? How far/close are you, EL?

Could I have a go at this?
I REALLY need a Points Card and getting a VC Game right off the bat is the next best thing.

My request? Starfox 64, Sonic 2 or Super Mario Bros. 2. PLEASE

I'll sign up and hopefully it'll all go well.
When do you plan to do the rafffle? How far/close are you, EL?

edit:
When my browser loads the page (it's not working...) I'll post my details .. err.. actually I'll do it now.

Name Signed Up With: ....
Prize You Want: Starfox 64, Super Mario Bros. 2 (US, NOT Lost Levels), or Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Wii Friend Code: Email me if I win and I'll tell you
E-mail: knucklessonic8@gmail.com

knucklessonic8
01-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Ah, sorry I didn't catch your question. I'm actually not sure if the we can send VC Games over from the US to AUS, I will have to look it up. Also to sign up, go under this link:

You can't... unfortunately.

Someone I know was going to generously gift me a game and I was so happy, except once he revealed he was from Australia, my hopes were shattered... well, not really, but I was disappointed. :(

Also, everyone, EternalLight WON!!!
http://blog.nowtune.com/?p=15
I don't think they won for Most Referrals, though. It was a "random" winning "ticket". Think maybe, EL, you could do the same for the VC Gifts, allowing everyone who posted to get thrown into the draw? I just really don't want to miss this chance of getting a VC Game. :(

This is frustrating. My browser won't load NowTune... strangely enough it opens the NowTune blog fine (I had to Google it). I imagine this means that I'm not eligible for a Gift. :'(

I really wanted to help you out, EL. Unfortunately, it won't load for me. There goes yet another chance to have a VC Game gifted to me.

EternalLight
01-01-2008, 10:12 AM
I'd be glad to do that....I actually may toss in a 2000 Wii Point card instead of sending gifts, as many from this forum are outside of the US. I was actually surprised I won, I did not suspect myself to actually win it.

knucklessonic8
01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Thank you very much!!!

When do you plan on "tossing" one in? Are you going to set specific dates and times and guidelines? Is it every user for himself?

DarkRider23
01-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Congrats there eternal!

knucklessonic8
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Indeed! :o

EternalLight
01-01-2008, 10:22 AM
These will be the names that will be pulled:

stuff
knucklessonic8
sk8er_on_speed
M4M
skaterboi

I will draw the names out of a box in about 3 days. The winner must respond to my PM within 7 days or I will have to draw again. I will send you the Wii Points through either your email or PM.

knucklessonic8
01-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Thank you very much, once again, for doing this.
I wish we all could win. Or at least two users but rules are rules...
It may be argued by some that they prefer VC Gifts, though since more people are eligible. Just thought I'd bring it up before the posts from the other users begin again. Personally, I think I'd prefer VC Gifts since more people can win but a Points Card means that one person can win but they have free choice as to what they want. It's almost a tough call, really.

Either way, GL to everyone. :)

So, EL, when do you expect arrival anyhow?
7 business days or something like that?
Imagine your sister's face when she gets it. Heh.

sk8er_on_speed
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey man you won thats awesome, congratz!:banana

dlb
01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Eternal light add me to the raffle. A higher power somewhere will shine down on you for helping wii-pointless. I'm from the US.

dedrekbryant@yahoo.com

Is the email if i win. Much appreciated

knucklessonic8
01-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Raffle draw either Thursday or Friday. :)

EternalLight
01-03-2008, 06:35 AM
I will most likely draw tomorrow or maybe later tonight.

small
01-03-2008, 06:36 AM
whats this about?

knucklessonic8
01-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Thank you EL.
Again, GL to everyone. (No, not ************)

small, EL was trying to get referrals so he could win a Wii for their sister. They won a Wii!!!!

Because of that, EL is generously holding a raffle to give away a Wii Points Card. He's going to draw names, simply.

At first, they were going to give gifts to people but they changed their mind.

I really hope my name wins but I never win anything anyway so my hopes aren't that high to begin with.
I did win something once on GFAQS but it turned out to be fake which I had predicted from the start. It's now a well-known thing. <_<

sk8er_on_speed
01-03-2008, 07:35 AM
lol I love how many hints your drop knucklessonic8:lol

EternalLight
01-03-2008, 07:37 AM
I may create a whole new thread on this as I want everyone to benefit from this.

knucklessonic8
01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
What hint? I was being serious.
Even if I wasn't even included in the contest, I'd still say the same thing.
I wasn't trying to "drop hints" at all, and even if I was, it won't matter anyway since it's (or at least, it should be) a random draw. It's not like EL is going to put someone's name on half a piece of paper and everyone else a little square or, otherwise, make people's papers bigger.

EL, that's very (again) generous of you to do that. Many people like myself are really hoping for/searching for a Wii Points giveaway.

Wait... I just had a revelation... what if I were to refer people to the site, telling them, not only about the site, but also telling them about the Giveaway. :o

Maybe THAT'S what I need to get at least one referral.