PDA

View Full Version : My Xbox Scratched My God Damn Disc

UnsafeData
04-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Not My Gears Of War
No No No I Just Started Playing

My Xbox 360 Scratched My Disc, Where Do I Go To Get It Replaced Without Having To Pay As Much Money I Did To Get The Game, Because It's Microsoft's Fault. Wikipedia Even Stated That There Had Been Problems With Xboxes Scratching People's Discs.

I can't stand this, someone needs to kick Bill Gates in the mother****ing balls.

Tobogan28
04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
go to a video store they sometimes have the disc repair kits. they cost like $10

roblanownz
04-16-2008, 01:59 PM
i feel sorry 4 u!
lol the reader might be out of place and scratched the disc.
did u ever shake or drop it or put stuff on top of it?
chances are it could do it again -_-

doubleheman
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I think you moved your xbox 360 while the disc was spining I feel for you I don't think their's anything you can do to get your disc repaired I'm sorry mate. Just go out and buy a 2nd hand copy of gears or wait until gears of war 2 comes out not long now.

Grievous
04-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Same thing happened to my copy of Halo 3, luckily it got buffed out and it worked again. So try buffing it out.

codeman144
04-16-2008, 05:42 PM
same thing happened to me. just buff it out. itl work. it happened to my need for speed most wanted disk

Tobogan28
04-16-2008, 05:49 PM
yep get it buffed. im pretty sure video stores do it, well the one near me does it for free.

UnsafeData
04-16-2008, 05:57 PM
I think you moved your xbox 360 while the disc was spining I feel for you I don't think their's anything you can do to get your disc repaired I'm sorry mate. Just go out and buy a 2nd hand copy of gears or wait until gears of war 2 comes out not long now.

Nah, it'll be kinda stupid just waiting til Gears of War 2 comes out (I thought it came out in November) because I'd like to play Gears of 1 first..

Snake
04-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Not My Gears Of War
No No No I Just Started Playing

My Xbox 360 Scratched My Disc, Where Do I Go To Get It Replaced Without Having To Pay As Much Money I Did To Get The Game, Because It's Microsoft's Fault. Wikipedia Even Stated That There Had Been Problems With Xboxes Scratching People's Discs.

I can't stand this, someone needs to kick Bill Gates in the mother****ing balls.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

disc replacement program, for $20 they will replace your cd, ONLY if its made by microsoft, in your case, it was. Also, I read before that if your 360 damages it, you can send xbox.com's support team a support ticket. You can do that here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909819/en-us

UnsafeData
04-26-2008, 11:14 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/gameplay/discreplacement-program.htm

disc replacement program, for $20 they will replace your cd, ONLY if its made by microsoft, in your case, it was. Also, I read before that if your 360 damages it, you can send xbox.com's support team a support ticket. You can do that here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909819/en-us

I went to that site.. but I'm going to try a local store and see if they fix it.

Note: Don't try Gamestop, I tried. They apparently don't repair discs.

TaeBawned
04-26-2008, 05:11 PM
go to a game crazy, you can get all ur scratched discs buffed for free just as long as u act interested in buying something...also try gamestop if u have 1 in your town

bradrulez1
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
I went to that site.. but I'm going to try a local store and see if they fix it.

Note: Don't try Gamestop, I tried. They apparently don't repair discs.

over here gamestation do it for £2

progamerps3
04-27-2008, 09:48 AM
u need to buy ps3 i got rid of my 360 two rrod (red rings of death) over heat freezes all kinds of bull **** u name it so yes get a real system no just awanna b like gay box 360 lol is emo

bradrulez1
04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
u need to buy ps3 i got rid of my 360 two rrod (red rings of death) over heat freezes all kinds of bull **** u name it so yes get a real system no just awanna b like gay box 360 lol is emo

yeh and then have no games to play apart from about 50 oh and no desent exclusive games like halo 3 gears of war forza 2 and wait till november for alone in the dark when xbox gets it next month lol and as for the rrod their putting in a new chip which completly stops rrod in june and you can send your 360 to get the new chip for free

Ziak
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
um , no RROD is caused by a cooling problem within the 360 hardware componants. It's caused by too much heat on the mother board which causes it's X prongs to bend it which causes RROD. So just adding some chip isn't gonna fix it.

I personally love RROD cause i have fixed so many 360s permanitly for 40$ a piece. All i do is rip off the prongs and replace them with a small computer heat sync. Costs me like 10 $ tops, not too difficult either but of course it does require breaking the seal. Eventually microsoft will create a solution but where ever you ehard that chip is full of BS.

bradrulez1
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
um , no RROD is caused by a cooling problem within the 360 hardware componants. It's caused by too much heat on the mother board which causes it's X prongs to bend it which causes RROD. So just adding some chip isn't gonna fix it.

I personally love RROD cause i have fixed so many 360s permanitly for 40$ a piece. All i do is rip off the prongs and replace them with a small computer heat sync. Costs me like 10 $ tops, not too difficult either but of course it does require breaking the seal. Eventually microsoft will create a solution but where ever you ehard that chip is full of BS.

actually it was from the Microsoft team themselves so.....

Ziak
05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
well there was apparently going to be dlc for brawl including 4 new characters coming out sometime in May, supposedly stated by nintendo of america, well may is here yet i see no new dlc program for wii.

AntiNoobInc
05-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE1gvaM3iAs

Shootnone
05-02-2008, 11:18 PM
Damn Homie That Sucks Just wait For Gears 2 Coming Out Soon
=]

Brendan!?!
05-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Aww sorry for you same thing happend to me for halo 3 so was like F that :mad::mad::mad:

SwanseaCity
05-04-2008, 04:47 AM
well there are ways to fix the RRod for example sometimes it's just a loose connection somewhere and once one of my friends just put wet blankets round the 360 and it worked perfectly or just get an intercooler which is under warranty by microsoft.

shinn4
05-04-2008, 01:28 PM
if ur 360 is like mine that it just needs to cool off then let it cool off for 10-20 mins. then on it again then if the RROD IS GONE leave it and wait till the next day to on it. But if it isnt then either send it to microsoft or make it overheat by turning it on then putting blanks wrapping it up every single hole of it for like 5-1o mins then turn it off. then let it cool off for 5 mins then on it and it should be gone! it will be safe for atleast 1 week but what u should really do is send it to microsoft! :thumbs :thumbs :D

PS. my 360 got RROD twice and it still works at tip top shape!

dethlok
05-04-2008, 02:34 PM
that happend to my halo3 but i turned off my xbox really fast after i heard like err skritchhhh sound in the xbox and my game was fine i was a lucky one

pepsix
05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
I knocked my xbox over while i was playing crackdown. Only to find a massive scratch around the edge of it.

By the looks of it, the game was unusable, but when i put it back in... It worked, but very weirdly... Everything fell through the floor into water under the map (apart from buildings)

People, cars, lamposts, everything... One thing that was good about it though, i was about to go and get a lot of hidden packages easily.

And yeah, the sound of it scratching up is hideous.

Dommzyd
05-08-2008, 07:33 AM
My friend knocked my xbox over on it's side while we were playing RockBand.

Needless to say.. I had to buy a new one.

TiN TiN
05-08-2008, 07:38 AM
My friend knocked my xbox over on it's side while we were playing RockBand.

Needless to say.. I had to buy a new one.

That must suck...I'd be mad at my friend then. But if your 360 ever swithces positions from horizontal to veriticle and vise versa then it will completely mess up your game

tada1234567
05-08-2008, 04:12 PM
dude that sucks for u man try getting it buff

Dommzyd
05-08-2008, 04:44 PM
That must suck...I'd be mad at my friend then. But if your 360 ever swithces positions from horizontal to veriticle and vise versa then it will completely mess up your game

Haha it's no big deal. I got the original game disc for free anyway.

RandyF
05-08-2008, 09:06 PM
lol alot of people have been having this problem idk lol my xbox 360 has never done this maybe i got a non fcked one lol? :D

Bradshawt
05-15-2008, 06:09 AM
my friend scratched his COD4 lol, great game...pity he cant play it!! yes his disc is ruined like yours sorry...