PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii?

androfire
08-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I need help deciding which I should.
Which do you think I should get?
Please try to give reasons...
lol.
Oh yeah you probably think I suck because I have NONE of these systems...
Well you're right.

louishewitt
08-10-2008, 07:31 AM
xbox 360, i have all three, 360's are the best

sheetsjohn16
08-10-2008, 07:33 AM
pros-best online gaming
cons-red rings....
ps3
pros-Blu ray+AMAZING graphics
cons-not so good online gaming
wii
pros-addicting...
cons-only system that wont play a dvd...as far as i know at least.

Gorillaz
08-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Playstation 3
Pros: Blu-Ray, controller life is the longest, lighter better textures, 7 processors (in the games now the ps3 is only using 20% of processoring power *think of the possabilities*) The case is sexy, FREE ONLINE!!! WITH wifi and an online browser, GREAT online gaming makes it like live (update 2.4)), LONGER life think of the first xbox it's so outdated while the ps2 the games are still being made for it xD, NO RROF, no big power brick cable, MOTION SENSING!!!! makes it like the wii ( i hear a company will be making games like the wii for the PS3 if your in to that...), UP TO 8 controllers can be used at the same time (lol), YOU CAN store videos mp3 files pictures and all that stuff (basicly like a mini ps3 with some pretty amazing graphics.

Cons: Online is not as good as live... (but you don't get the 9 year old kids going crazy because they can't afford a ps3 lol) And that is the only con, really.

XBOX 360
Pros: More games, xbox Live
Cons: You have to pay 50 dollars a year for online, you have to buy a 90 dollar wifi thing if you want to get online with wifi, THE RED RING OF FIRE!!!!!!! (AHHHH xD), The xbox 360 will be discontinued before the ps3..., louder fan, pretty much about it...

But the ps3 will be running another 3 years even after the xbox 360 is discontinued... So if you want the most for your buck get a ps3.. Plus blu-ray is the future in 2009-2011 they will be phasing out DVD's!!! I'd go with the ps3...

As for the Wii it's a ps2 dressed like a mac.. For the pros and cons of the wii go here this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrjQ7joYHi0
That will give you all the info on the wii..

EDIT!: probly spelled some things wrong (too lazy to go correct them xD!)

Gorillaz
08-10-2008, 08:05 AM
(double post...)

Basicly the ps3 is a mini PC!!!
While xbox 360 is just like a game player with online playing (and can store some songs xD)

My friend made his ps3 into a PC with some security breaks and such he put WINDOWS Vista on his ps3 lol.... He now can play PC games on his ps3..
(my friend doesn't ever go outside and he has problems talking to people... some kind of phobia to people..)

I like straw berry milk.... :-D

bgiff1010
08-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Definitely get a Xbox 360. Who cares if you have to pay 50 bucks a year for online its AMAZING. The PS3 online is free because it sucks. Plus the game selection for the 360 is much better than the PS3 which has a few good games, mgs4, uncharted, and..well that's all i can think of. Plus the exclusives for the 360 are far greater than the ps3's. And there will be much more coming to the 360 this fall if you haven't heard about the update they announced at E3.

360 ftw :banana

Gorillaz
08-10-2008, 08:30 AM
xbox 360 has been out longer... and all you xbox fans can come up with is games and LIVE... I bet you don't even know what motherboard or graphics or EVEN processor (easy one) that is in your 360.. If you knew all the hard ware in your xbox 360, you would be like how can this thing even run without over heatings and getting rrof, Microsoft has combated this by putting a bigger processor fan on the motherboard... Which just cools the processor NOT the graphics card. The reason gear of war has been freezing 360's is because the it pretty much uses all the power of the power supply...

But at anyrate here's what it comes down to..

xbox 360: is all software that's why they have such good online and games.
PS3: all about hardware and graphics.

If morphed it would make an epic system of greatness.

But the ps3 is better because it comes with wifi.. if you want wifi for your 360 you'll end up buying this.. (waste) http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4196272

For the present people seem to like the 360 better... But as for the long run it's all ps3..

Just look at the ps2 and Original xbox.. Games still coming out for the ps2 and you can still buy a ps2.. You can't buy an xbox off a store shelf.. Be lucky to get a new original xbox now.

But the ps3 is superior because the "exclusive" games are only using 20% of the the processor power, think once a game company can use up to 80 or even 100% of that power! You could see games with up to like 500 vs 500 online play.
MAG (massive action game) has up to 256 players online playing 1 match...

PS3 will own in the LONG run.. For people who just want a buy a xbox 360 (withall the accesories that make up the ps3 cost and more) go for it...

Your call...