PDA

View Full Version : 360 vs Ps3

2C
08-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Man; i really want a Ps3 because its sweet! but the live sucks :frown & and my main game is Halo. I really want the blu-ray player & GT5. then again GoW, Halo and other 360 exclusives are hard to pass up. AND the live is amazing.

what should i do guys? :confused:

i prolly wont play anything but online.

B0yfresh
08-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Ps3 all day Halo is getting stale..

2C
08-09-2008, 01:47 PM
dude. halo never gets stale! i eat that spit for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

B0yfresh
08-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Then stick with the 360 since halo is your thing But if I were I'd open up your limits from first person shooters.

narutoball
08-09-2008, 01:56 PM
The 360 is the way to go, with some great FPS's and obviously the superior online expierence, as well as being cheaper there are alot more game types coming out very soon that are going to be great hits, you can't really go wrong with it, seeing as the PS3's more expensive and at this moment in time doesn't hold that much over the 360 to make you want it.

2C
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
360 has no good games. only halo & gears. im NOT big on cod. i think its dumb. same as rockband & GH

how is Ps3 live? thats what i really wanna know, cause its going to make my decision. can u play all games online or? like i dont know anything bout Ps3

narutoball
08-09-2008, 02:01 PM
all the games that play on live will play on PSN, but the onlines actual speed and servers aren't in comparision to the 360. Game wise, i don't play halo or gears, but i find some great games. Most of the great FPS's have been released so check back on games that are already out, make sure your buying the console so you can play its games now instead of buying something and then waiting a few months for the game you want.

Edit: Cod 4 is seriously one of the best online fps experiences..and as meantioned above I would agree that you should try other things other than fps's. also i love rock band >:3

2C
08-09-2008, 02:06 PM
make sure your buying the console so you can play its games now instead of buying something and then waiting a few months for the game you want.

gow2 :mad:

they got GT5 for 360? and still someone answer my question a couple posts up.

hightower
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
PS3 isn't bad online don't listen to what 360 fans tell you. The ps3 online is respectable and you'll have no trouble finding a good game.

2C
08-09-2008, 02:45 PM
every game is playable online?

is there ranks or something?

and narutoball; you have both 360 and Ps3?

Loco801
08-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Xbox 360!!! Its got achievements. But its better in my opinion. You can listen to music on your computer from your 360 if your computer is connected to the internet.

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 03:45 PM
and if u got music on 360 u can play it and every1 else can hear it another 1 bites the dust!!!

Dr.Genjoah
08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I want a ps3 for Final Fantasy Versus 13. That game looks ridiculously good and Testuya Numora is involved in making it. I already have a Ps3, but by the way it looks, I am gonna be for ps3 for a while.

2C
08-09-2008, 04:10 PM
im not concerned with playing music. no one here is really in the middle =[ your all die hard ps3 or 360 fans :disgust

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 04:13 PM
i would get a 360 preferrably a broken 1 so i can fix it. that is something i could say when i go back 2 school. ( i already have wii)

2C
08-09-2008, 04:19 PM
NoBODY IS GIVING YOU ONE! WE HATE BEGGERS HERE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xbox-360-Game-Console-System-BROKEN-AS-IS-3-Red-Light_W0QQitemZ220265464884QQihZ012QQcategoryZ1399 71QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

THATS THE BEST UR GONNA DO; NOW GET OFF MY THREAD.

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 04:46 PM
im not begging. im suggesting this there is a difference

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM
i just thought of something. does game crazy take broken 360's or eb games or even wal-mart (sorry for the off-topic,ness of this) last post about this on this thread *I SWEAR*

Ultimatesnake
08-09-2008, 05:01 PM
well dont forget the 360 has the rrod but there is a warranty or whatever BUT the ps3 doesnt brick or overheat on you and such
also there are a lot of good exclusives coming to the ps3 too
i

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 05:13 PM
so exclusives on 360 too (not many but better than 0)

2C
08-09-2008, 05:13 PM
this is such a touch decision.

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 05:15 PM
it is.....but u excluded wii!!!

2C
08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
cause wii blows.

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 05:57 PM
not realjy it outsold 360 and ps3 with millions sold around the world. Still out of stock in my city. Sure some of the games r annoying but when u look at the awedome games it has and the games coming to it it doesn't really blow ( for some reason i keep putting kl instead of ll

Billinator
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Some games have ranks (usually sports games) some don't. Get the 360! If you want the PS3 then good luck with the money.

Max Galleio
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM
i want 1 but can't a afford it

2C
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
money is not a problem. (i love trainnnn:thumbs)

but yeah. i think im leaning towards Ps3, but its still in the air.

i might get both. games are too expensive tho. idk. we'll see

Loco801
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
well dont forget the 360 has the rrod but there is a warranty or whatever BUT the ps3 doesnt brick or overheat on you and such
also there are a lot of good exclusives coming to the ps3 too
i

wow dude you wrong there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jow9JSRjiPk

check out all of the other youtube vids of ps3's broken. And most games for the ps3 arent even good. Well the ones that they do have.

narutoball
08-10-2008, 01:41 AM
every game is playable online?

is there ranks or something?

and narutoball; you have both 360 and Ps3?

Yes i have both, and i play them both, and you seriously won't gain anything from getting a PS3 now, getting a 360 is cheaper, easier and will be the better decision, in around 5-6 months a the PS3 will have some great titles

Just seem a bit confused that you want fps games, you seem to lean towards the ps3 but it doesn't have any exclusive fps games (MGS4, drakes fortune and 3rd person). If you going for 3rd party then its really up to you since niether version has that many extra holds over the others (except GTA IV and fallout 3). Its dependant on the online you want to play and really how much you want to pay.

2C
08-10-2008, 05:31 AM
chances are... 60%-70% of my gameplay will be online. but like; i dont want to get a 360 and in 5 months look over at Ps3 games and be like. what the flip did i buy? so..

im into blueray too, cause im getting a 32' sony bravia for xmas :banana

bgiff1010
08-10-2008, 08:32 AM
cause wii blows.
QFT

But the 360 is better, (I have played a ps3 and an xbox 360.)
I don't want to start a rant because I am capable to..I'm telling you now, 360 > ps3

narutoball
08-10-2008, 09:48 AM
chances are... 60%-70% of my gameplay will be online. but like; i dont want to get a 360 and in 5 months look over at Ps3 games and be like. what the flip did i buy? so..

im into blueray too, cause im getting a 32' sony bravia for xmas :banana

I play on a 32' samsung HDTV and blu ray dvds seriously don't look the deal for the extra money, the only blu ray i buy is for my computer since it looks a **** lot better than that than on a hdtv.

Yea, but you could also say the same about the xbox 360 as well =p

Ultimatesnake
08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
wow dude you wrong there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jow9JSRjiPk

check out all of the other youtube vids of ps3's broken. And most games for the ps3 arent even good. Well the ones that they do have.

well 360 has a higher failure rate
AND if the games for the ps3 arent so "good" then why are the 360 fanboys
whining how the new exclusives for the ps3 should come to the 360?

InFamous805
08-10-2008, 10:17 AM
The 360 has way more exclusives coming and out already, it also has over 10 million Live subscribers so someone will always be on, and multiplatform games usually come out on 360 first (not FFXIII though). Oh and the Xbox Live Marketplace is great (movies, tv shows, themes, demos, XBLA) But if you want to watch Blu Ray Movies and play games on one disc (but install up to 4 gigs into your harddrive) and play classic games like MGS 4 (online isn't that good) get a PS3.

All in All, get a 360. I've played both and if your going to play online most of the time get a 360.

manbearpig123987
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I like the 360 better. If you're going to play online mostly like I do the PS3 could be a better choice because online is free. For live you have to pay monthly fees(or 3 months and 12 month ones or whatever) but you still have to pay for online.

InFamous805
08-10-2008, 10:28 AM
I like the 360 better. If you're going to play online mostly like I do the PS3 could be a better choice because online is free. For live you have to pay monthly fees(or 3 months and 12 month ones or whatever) but you still have to pay for online.

Yeah I agree, I really hate paying for online but just because it's free doesn't always make it better. When I go online on the PS3, no one ever has a mic, I cant invite friends or join parties, I cant look at others achievements and I cant avoid or perfer players right from the game or even listen to music while playing straight from my hard drive. Maybe they changed all of this but I dont know. (last time I played PS3 was about a month ago) Overall Xbox Live is still better than PSN (although PSN is acceptable)

Ultimatesnake
08-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Also i could admit that the xbox has a better interface and there are some things i wish the ps3 had that the xbox had
but you gotta give the ps3 a chance
xbox has had a longer run

2C
08-10-2008, 11:05 AM
this is so tough. :disgust

narutofoxmanplease
08-10-2008, 11:21 AM
dude get ps3 gta 4 is awesome yo

2C
08-10-2008, 11:29 AM
yeah but look at this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Max Galleio
08-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I KEEP GETTING RICK ROLL'D! quit rick rolling

Max Galleio
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
man. it is tough but my vote goes too the 360 largely cuz of the great fps games

bgiff1010
08-10-2008, 11:46 AM
...why are the 360 fanboys
whining how the new exclusives for the ps3 should come to the 360?

Haha I've never heard a 360 fanboy say that. I can hardly give crap if we get ps3 exclusives now, most of them suck!

Anyways here is a proper comparison by someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about, a developer for both the 360 and the ps3.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

Truman32123
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Xbox LIVE is free,
you just have to get it from Rewards1 :thumbs

ravstar11
08-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Graphics

Everyone has seen an Xbox and a PS3 in action and we are all waiting to see which of the two next generation consoles for the two systems will have the edge when it comes to graphics. We have all seen the screenshots of the games on the two systems but what about actual gameplay graphics. Despite the hot debate, when you look at the numbers the two systems use a different but equally effective method of delivering graphics processing power. The XBOX uses a custom ATI processor with 48 graphics pipelines and the PS3 has a custom NVIDA graphics processor with an estimated 24 pipelines.

The numbers are misleading because the PS3 piplines are more powerful than the XBOX pipelines. In the end the two different graphics processors will deliver about the same amount of power, we can expect to see impressive results from both sides.

Media Types

Will the media storage type be a factor in the quality of the games? Since PS3 is owned by Sony and BLUray is Sony’s next high definition storage medium, the PS3 games will be stored on the BLUray discs which hold approximately 54 gigs. The Xbox 360 games will be stored on Double Layer DVDs which store 9 gigs. Obviously the BLUray discs can store a lot more data, but at the current stage of game development, any game developed will fit just as well on the 9 gig DVDs, so this is not a major factor but one that may come into play later on.

Processing Power

How do the two systems compare when looking at brute processing power? The PS3 uses a Cell processor with a PowerPC-based core with seven synergistic processing units while the Xbox comes with a Custom IBM PowerPC CPU with three dual-threaded cores that can handle six total threads at a time. An important comparison to look at is the number of dot product calculations per second the systems can perform. The reason this number is important is because it is used extensively during gameplay in 3d math to calculate various things such as vector lengths, projections, transformations, and more. Both systems are clocked at 3.2 Ghz. The PS3 can handle 51-billion dot product operations per second and the Xbox can handle 33.6. There is a debate over which system has more brute processing power and these numbers can be confusing to the average person, but overall it seems that the PS3 has an edge over the Xbox when it comes to overall processing power.

Controllers = The PS3 One has changed :*(.

The controllers on the two systems retain the basic shape from the original systems with some modifications. The PS3 controller has the most dramatic change; it has a streamline shape that looks more like a stealth airplane than a game controller. The XBOX controller is basically the same shape as the previous system with a different color scheme. From the pictures released, it seems the XBOX controller will be more comfortable and natural to use. The PS3 controller looks like it would just slip out of your hand...

B0yfresh
08-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Connor, even though money isn't an issue I would still get the Ps3, moneywise it IS cheaper.

For the Ps3 all you buy is the system maybe a few controllers and the games.

For the 360 you have too buy the system, live cards, microsoft points, games, controllers, INTERCOOLEr, play and charge kits, then about a month down the line you have too send it in after it dies.

PLUS the only way your 360 won't die is if you only play like 2 hours a day MAX....

But. In the long run the Ps3 is way cheaper than a 360.

Ultimatesnake
08-10-2008, 12:20 PM
Haha I've never heard a 360 fanboy say that. I can hardly give crap if we get ps3 exclusives now, most of them suck!

Anyways here is a proper comparison by someone who actually KNOWS what they are talking about, a developer for both the 360 and the ps3.
http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

im surprised that youve never heard their groping and whining
its all over the major gaming boards
-_-

manbearpig123987
08-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah I agree, I really hate paying for online but just because it's free doesn't always make it better. When I go online on the PS3, no one ever has a mic, I cant invite friends or join parties, I cant look at others achievements and I cant avoid or perfer players right from the game or even listen to music while playing straight from my hard drive. Maybe they changed all of this but I dont know. (last time I played PS3 was about a month ago) Overall Xbox Live is still better than PSN (although PSN is acceptable)

I never said PSN is better than XBL. I just said a PS3 might be better for him because he goes online a lot so he will have to keep making payments to go online for XBL. On PSN you don't need to pay so you can keep going on whenever. I like XBL better because there's more people and more people have mics. PSN could be better for him because of no payment.

Ultimatesnake
08-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Connor, even though money isn't an issue I would still get the Ps3, moneywise it IS cheaper.

For the Ps3 all you buy is the system maybe a few controllers and the games.

For the 360 you have too buy the system, live cards, microsoft points, games, controllers, INTERCOOLEr, play and charge kits, then about a month down the line you have too send it in after it dies.

PLUS the only way your 360 won't die is if you only play like 2 hours a day MAX....

But. In the long run the Ps3 is way cheaper than a 360.

so true
its like saying
ok im going to sell you a nutty chocolate walnut bar!
but in order to eat the chocolate bar with nuts and walnuts
you are going to have the trouble to go out and buy the materials necessary yourself!GOOD LUCK!
but for the ps3 all the things u need for it is already in the package or inside the ps3
NO HASSLE THERE!

ravstar11
08-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Another thing, people do not understand is this.

PS3 has been admitted to be aiming for better specs' than the XBOX'. Specs' are something you can not visually see...Whereas XBOX aim for better add ons, you can see them.

That is why the PS3 is mostly put down towards the XBOX...

Not to mention, the PS3 has not been out very long, well as least as not as long as the XBOX at the moment. And people already think they can compare them? Fairly? No you can not. Microsoft have had more experience on updating thier system whereas Sony have not.

InFamous805
08-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Not to mention, the PS3 has not been out very long, well as least as not as long as the XBOX at the moment. And people already think they can compare them? Fairly? No you can not. Microsoft have had more experience on updating thier system whereas Sony have not.

Alot of people keep on saying this. It reminds me of the last "console war" where the PS2 came out a year before and Sony fanboys and others kept on trying to compare the original Xbox to the PS2. It just wasn't fair. I own both a PS3 and 360 and the 360 does cost more for me. Sure I have to pay for online, but I also have ALOT of games to buy too. Something I cant honestly say about the PS3 (at least not now). But overall it all depends on what games your into and what your friends have.

(P.S Can we please stop these versus threads. They're both great consoles. And i've seen a couple of these threads lately.)

2C
08-10-2008, 05:16 PM
whatever. im getting a Ps3.

Dr.Genjoah
08-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Final Fantasy 13 Versus, God of War 3. Those two games alone is what owns, pwns, stomps, rolls, and beats the Xbox 360 to a saddened, poor, inefficient pulp.

narutoball
08-11-2008, 01:32 AM
gears of war 2, fable 2, banjo kazooie nuts n bolts, viva pinata 2, halo wars, rock band 2, fallout 3, left 4 dead, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, The last remenant, mass effect, mass effect 2, portal still alive, geometry wars 2.

There all the nice xbox 360 exclusives (DLC and early releases) that make the ps3 look as useless as it is =)

Max Galleio
08-11-2008, 05:53 AM
heh tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world, madworld, wii ports resort, mkwii, metroid3, resident evil: umbrella chronicles, ssbb are what add fun and interactivity to the simple motion of using a 360 and ps3, pressing buttons. where as the wii gets you moving giving you a sense of actually being in the game

Dr.Genjoah
08-11-2008, 06:09 AM
gears of war 2, fable 2, banjo kazooie nuts n bolts, viva pinata 2, halo wars, rock band 2, fallout 3, left 4 dead, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, The last remenant, mass effect, mass effect 2, portal still alive, geometry wars 2.

There all the nice xbox 360 exclusives (DLC and early releases) that make the ps3 look as useless as it is =)

lol, I find it funny how you mentioned Viva Pinata, Tales of Vesperia and Halo Wars. Anywho, the hype and fans for God of War 3 > all of those games. Also, the Wii is trash for anyone who isn't a new gamer. Just horrible.

narutoball
08-11-2008, 08:33 AM
The wii is a great system, had one since launch and it has a great line up of games. Since its selling out the ps3 by what? 6:1. Can't really say its bad can you ;)

The tales of series is huge, it even created queues for 360s in japan, most shocking. Halo wars will be a good RTS and viva pinata 1 was awesome.

You couldn't provide reasons for saying they aren't big exclusives =)

And even when you take out the ones you meantioned, the 360 still has a better line up overall with more variety and online expierence.

Maybe try harder next time k? :thumbs

Dr.Genjoah
08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
The wii is a great system, had one since launch and it has a great line up of games. Since its selling out the ps3 by what? 6:1. Can't really say its bad can you ;)

The tales of series is huge, it even created queues for 360s in japan, most shocking. Halo wars will be a good RTS and viva pinata 1 was awesome.

You couldn't provide reasons for saying they aren't big exclusives =)

And even when you take out the ones you meantioned, the 360 still has a better line up overall with more variety and online expierence.

Maybe try harder next time k? :thumbs

Lol at your attempts to sounds dominant and elite. Last time I checked, God of War 2 sold 2.19m, while Viva Pinata sold 1.42m. Yeah, the Wii has higher sales. But if you bothered to comprehend what I said, the Wii is horriblle to anyone who isn't a new gamer. Checking the Sales of the "Tales of" series, they were all horrible, and wouldn't touch Final Fantasy ever. Pretty much all the recent Final Fantasy's outsold the "Tales of" by like 5m -.-. While I admit, Halo 3 sells a lot. I think it will lose a lot of it's gamers because it's an RTS now. Most people played Halo for it's fast paced, "awesome", in your face fps action. A lot of the places I go, I hear people complaining that they're gonna skip Halo Wars.

How about you try harder at spelling next time, m'kay?

Max Galleio
08-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Lol at your attempts to sounds dominant and elite. Last time I checked, God of War 2 sold 2.19m, while Viva Pinata sold 1.42m. Yeah, the Wii has higher sales. But if you bothered to comprehend what I said, the Wii is horriblle to anyone who isn't a new gamer. Checking the Sales of the "Tales of" series, they were all horrible, and wouldn't touch Final Fantasy ever. Pretty much all the recent Final Fantasy's outsold the "Tales of" by like 5m -.-. While I admit, Halo 3 sells a lot. I think it will lose a lot of it's gamers because it's an RTS now. Most people played Halo for it's fast paced, "awesome", in your face fps action. A lot of the places I go, I hear people complaining that they're gonna skip Halo Wars.

How about you try harder at spelling next time, m'kay?
you're right. tales of _______ can't touch final fantasy, but you're wrong when u say it is trash to vet gamers, becuz of the interactivity, the liveliness, the friends and family connecting together. xbox has you pay for that and most ps3 ppl have no mics or cams. now albeit the new sony home system mic and cam for ps3 will attract a few ppl, it will sell for the price of a game whereas u can get a 360 headset for 9-14.99, and a vision cam for 20-25, AND nintendo is making a mic of their own. comparing online and off-line gameplay 360 beats wii and wii beats ps3. now granted the ps3 has some amazing graphics, the wii has some good graphics too look at ssbb and smgalaxy

Dr.Genjoah
08-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Did you misread what I wrote? I said Wii is trash to anyone who isn't a new gamer. Not 360. Besides for that, pretty much only first party games have good graphics on the wii. But the good graphics of two games, or the good gameplay of two games does not make a good system. Both Ps3 and Xbox 360 have way more games that are worth playing than the Wii. Mainly because the Wii is made for new gamers, not hardcore/vet gamers.

SnprSlick
08-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Get them both and buy the games you want.

Max Galleio
08-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Did you misread what I wrote? I said Wii is trash to anyone who isn't a new gamer. Not 360. Besides for that, pretty much only first party games have good graphics on the wii. But the good graphics of two games, or the good gameplay of two games does not make a good system. Both Ps3 and Xbox 360 have way more games that are worth playing than the Wii. Mainly because the Wii is made for new gamers, not hardcore/vet gamers.
did YOU misread wat i wrote? i said ur wrong about the wii being trash, the games i said were wii exclusives. the wii has many vet players becuz of their dl system for old games. the nes, snes, virtual boy, atari, sega, and other vets of those systems. the vets from gamecube can play their gc games on wii. why do u say it's trash when u haven't mentioned these features. (i'll say neither did i.) if you look at the great games coming to wii like madworld, wii sports resort, wwe svr 09, tales, re5, rb2, and gh4, with great features specially designed for wii, you can't go wrong with it AND wii can go online like i am right now, and great current games for wii. like re4 for wii, smgalaxy, mkwii, ssbb, resident evil: umbrella chronicles, house of the dead 2&3 return, wii play, wii fit, wii sports, carnival games. although the friend codes are a little annoying

Dr.Genjoah
08-11-2008, 11:48 AM
did YOU misread wat i wrote? i said ur wrong about the wii being trash, the games i said were wii exclusives. the wii has many vet players becuz of their dl system for old games. the nes, snes, virtual boy, atari, sega, and other vets of those systems. the vets from gamecube can play their gc games on wii. why do u say it's trash when u haven't mentioned these features. (i'll say neither did i.) if you look at the great games coming to wii like madworld, wii sports resort, wwe svr 09, tales, re5, rb2, and gh4, with great features specially designed for wii, you can't go wrong with it AND wii can go online like i am right now, and great current games for wii. like re4 for wii, smgalaxy, mkwii, ssbb, resident evil: umbrella chronicles, house of the dead 2&3 return, wii play, wii fit, wii sports, carnival games. although the friend codes are a little annoying

Well, I apparently did, because you wrote it in a hard to understand way. You wrote:
you're right. tales of _______ can't touch final fantasy, but you're wrong when u say it is trash to vet gamers, becuz of the interactivity, the liveliness, the friends and family connecting together.
This sentence clearly implies your speaking about the "tales of _______" series. But enough of my English lessons.

Honestly, the wii game line up can't compete with Ps3's or Xbox 360's. The online with Wii, a lot of the time, is very choppy. Old games wouldn't really appeal to the vet crowd with the new hit games coming out in this gen. You mentioned games that were already out, while I'm talking about exclusives that are to be coming. "madworld, wii sports resort, wwe svr 09, tales, re5, rb2, and gh4," This line-up isn't going to save the wii from games like "Gears of War 2, Halo Wars, Mass Effect 2, Saints Row 2, Fable 2, Geometry Wars 2, Castle Crashers, Castle Crashers, or Banjo Kazooie." or "Final Fantasy Versus 13 Versus, God of War 3, Resistance 2, Home, Little Big Planet, Kill Zone 2 and more". While Guitar Hero will have "extra" features on the Wii. Xbox 360 and Ps3 both have guitars and a drum set you can buy. There is no need to choose the Wii version over the 360 or Ps3 version when they pretty much have the same controls. Not to mention all the "wii _____" games are just mini games. I'm also sure that people will like RE5 on a Xbox 360/Ps3 more because of the better visuals and the awesome co-op play.

Max Galleio
08-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, I apparently did, because you wrote it in a hard to understand way. You wrote:

This sentence clearly implies your speaking about the "tales of _______" series. But enough of my English lessons.

Honestly, the wii game line up can't compete with Ps3's or Xbox 360's. The online with Wii, a lot of the time, is very choppy. Old games wouldn't really appeal to the vet crowd with the new hit games coming out in this gen. You mentioned games that were already out, while I'm talking about exclusives that are to be coming. "madworld, wii sports resort, wwe svr 09, tales, re5, rb2, and gh4," This line-up isn't going to save the wii from games like "Gears of War 2, Halo Wars, Mass Effect 2, Saints Row 2, Fable 2, Geometry Wars 2, Castle Crashers, Castle Crashers, or Banjo Kazooie." or "Final Fantasy Versus 13 Versus, God of War 3, Resistance 2, Home, Little Big Planet, Kill Zone 2 and more". While Guitar Hero will have "extra" features on the Wii. Xbox 360 and Ps3 both have guitars and a drum set you can buy. There is no need to choose the Wii version over the 360 or Ps3 version when they pretty much have the same controls. Not to mention all the "wii _____" games are just mini games. I'm also sure that people will like RE5 on a Xbox 360/Ps3 more because of the better visuals and the awesome co-op play.
of course it won't SAVE it from the new games, but it will attract new nintendo fans. if you consider co-op in re5 it is on the wii also, with wwe svr 09 as well. if god of war 3 comes out for ps2 i will get it. i'm a fan of all game consoles but more to the wii because it doesn't have ad many problems as ps3 and 360 have. i have pre-planned this next sentence *my cousin broke his tv becuz of his wiimote, it only broke becuz he was too stupid too put on the wrist strap, as well as many others.* that and the wrist strap recall were the only problems with wii. you say that gh4 has "extra features" it only has those becuz of the outrage from wwe svr 08 and rb1. ppl are finally starting to take nintendo seriously. why they didn't in the beginning, i don't know but most games like "no more heroes" were rushed because ppl didn't think the wii would be so popular and that made it horrible. now i would like a comment where it requires me to think dr. genjoah, but i respect your comments becuz they are intricate and well typed. mine aren't becuz i try to sum things up in a way that if u use enough brainpower, u can figure out wat i mean by it and wat i was thinking of when typing it out

JamYam
08-11-2008, 01:32 PM
dude get the ps3! the reason why is for the xbox you have to pay to play online and the xbox don't have a dvd player which you have to buy. i've gone through the same situation and i picked the ps3 because of the free online gaming. the ps3 is slicker and looks better than the xbox 360. the xbox 360 comes with an hdmi cable but you can buy cheap and good hdmi cables off of amazon like i did and its looking good on my new plasma tv. get the ps3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

narutoball
08-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah, i've been gaming for over 10 years and I play the wii, so the theory of yours fails =/

Also i'm pretty certain that on nearly all game websites, mario galaxy won game of the year O:

And the games may not be as popular as FF series, they are still bringing in the sales and the gamers, and with FFXIII coming to microsoft, only good things await :thumbs

Edit: I am skipping out on halo wars xD but i'll be sure to pick up the new halo game o:

Max Galleio
08-11-2008, 03:03 PM
thx narutoball. i'm 15 and i been gaming for 13 yrs. i'm a vet to many systems

Dr.Genjoah
08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
of course it won't SAVE it from the new games, but it will attract new nintendo fans.

Exactly, it will attract new gamers. Which will, in effect, become new Nintendo fans. Only reason I brought up English with your post is because I find it a chore to try and decipher some of your words. While RE5 on the wii may allow you to aim with your "wii-mote" or however you spell it, RE5 on the Xbox 360 has better visuals, physics and pretty much all the people I know would rather have "increased visuals, physics" over "aiming with a wii-mote". A lot of people like to bring up the argument "Gameplay means more than Graphics". But great HD graphics can immerse one into a game more than a gimmick like using the wiimote. I'm not saying Nintendo isn't capable of better, I'm just saying Nintendo isn't after trying to please the Veteran audience. The sole purpose of the Wii is to attract new gamers. Sorry, I got a virus on my comp, and had no internet access. So this verbal assault had to wait awhile >.>. Anywho, Narutoball, I don't know what websites you browse, but the ones I visit did not announce Mario Galaxy as game of the year. Also, just because you two like the wii doesn't mean everyone does. I based my "theory" on a poll taken a while back, with the question " Are you veteran gamers disappointed in the Wii as a whole". More than half replied with "yes" because almost all of the Wii games have ZERO re-playability. So next time you try to debunk a theory, please try not to believe ONE person makes a difference.

Max Galleio
08-12-2008, 07:51 PM
man i wondered y u hadn't posted in awhile, but 1 person making a difference? no if 1 person did make a difference it would be some1 like jesus, bill gates, vince mcmahon, donald trump, abe lincoln. (not comparing jesus to any1 just pointing out revolutionary ppl.) ya know u talk about dissapointments on wii but look at the dissapointments on 360(Hardware failures) and ps3(not many exclusives besides mgs4.) and enhanced visual doesn't make EVERYTHING. sure nintendo doesn't focus much on graphics cuz those rushed projects i mentioned earlier. if u want visuals get a ps3, if u want typical gameplay with great online interactivity get a 360, if u want immersive fun games and a way to surf internet get a wii. concentrating on graphics alone is stupid becuz u miss other valid points, most notably: plot, gameplay, and overall how u "feel after playing it." meaning if u feel good or dissapointed. (its always 50/50) don't make me or narutoball seem like we're trying to change ppl's minds *only becuz we have a wii*, i had a 360 before and i liked it mostly fps and rockband, i am merely stating my pts. of view as well as other wii-fans on this forum(maybe). i based my "theory" on real-life experiences not questions and anwsers by other ppl. the only reason they said yes on that question was becuz wii didn't have a large violence-type category for it at launch, but are slipping into that genre. look at re4, re:umbrella chronicles, and madworld, lots of violence, but nintendo is still trying to keep family play a factor with these "dissapointing" games. ( this argument spans much of my time on wii thinking of anwsers, although hard to understand sometimes, but aren't boring to where u skim them and anwser)

Dr.Genjoah
08-12-2008, 08:03 PM
\ the only reason they said yes on that question was becuz wii didn't have a large violence-type category for it at launch, but are slipping into that genre. look at re4, re:umbrella chronicles, and madworld, lots of violence, but nintendo is still trying to keep family play a factor with these "dissapointing" games. ( this argument spans much of my time on wii thinking of anwsers, although hard to understand sometimes, but aren't boring to where u skim them and anwser)

Try not to talk as if you know that for a fact. From their forums, they said they thought the Wii was disappointing because of it's lack of replayability. I'm not saying the Xbox 360 and Ps3 haven't had disappointments, I'm just saying the Wii's overall game line is disappointing. I also didn't say increased visuals mean everything. I was just saying, when you have a multiplatform game, like RE5, a gimmick, like controlling with the wiimote, is not going to make up for the decreased Visuals and Physics. They have the same story and what not. You may have based your """Theory's""" on real life, but I based it on the answers from MANY gamers. I don't care if you are or aren't trying to change peoples minds, I'm just arguing with you because this is an interesting argument. I also just don't like Narutoballs attitude or comments, either. That's the main reason I started arguing actually.

Rave
08-12-2008, 08:11 PM
WII ROCKS

ps: that came out of nowhere

psps: im on it right now

Max Galleio
08-12-2008, 08:47 PM
i know i like this argument too. y do u keep saying lack of replayability? u can pop the game in whenever u want and play even if it's for a few minutes. and saying the line is dissapointing? ADULTS SAY THAT(and some teens and kids) most teens and kids would get the "dissapointing" games becuz it's for FAMILY. u implied graphics were everything. that "gimmick" is wat gives it the immersiveness. just holding a controller pressing buttons keeps ur grip on reality, whereas ur doing the same thing with the wiimote but adding motion sensors to the mix, giving u the chance to feel more into the game. re5 doesn't have the upgraded graphics becuz the companies still aren't taking it seriously, like they're trying to keep graphics low to deplete sales and kill the wii even though the wii could handle better graphics. basing ur anwsers from gamers is dumbfounded, becuz ur using OTHER PPL'S ANWSERS. using ur own makes more sense and puts up a better argument. (y do u think i'm still in this?)

Ivan
08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Wii all the way:D ! But since that's not alowed, I'll just have to say PS3. It's weird that one time I was playing the Wii and I turned it off and watched some T.V. and saw a PS3 commercial and for about a month, I was wondering what a PS3 was...Weird. Losing popularity?

Dr.Genjoah
08-12-2008, 09:07 PM
i know i like this argument too. y do u keep saying lack of replayability? u can pop the game in whenever u want and play even if it's for a few minutes. and saying the line is dissapointing? ADULTS SAY THAT(and some teens and kids) most teens and kids would get the "dissapointing" games becuz it's for FAMILY. u implied graphics were everything. that "gimmick" is wat gives it the immersiveness. just holding a controller pressing buttons keeps ur grip on reality, whereas ur doing the same thing with the wiimote but adding motion sensors to the mix, giving u the chance to feel more into the game. re5 doesn't have the upgraded graphics becuz the companies still aren't taking it seriously, like they're trying to keep graphics low to deplete sales and kill the wii even though the wii could handle better graphics. basing ur anwsers from gamers is dumbfounded, becuz ur using OTHER PPL'S ANWSERS. using ur own makes more sense and puts up a better argument. (y do u think i'm still in this?)

lol, No sorry. While using my own answers makes more sense and puts up a better argument, using the opinions of hundreds of other gamers to back up my argument is the better and smarter choice. Now, I say the Wii lacks replayablity because, games like Mario Galaxy's are good until you beat it. Then you pretty much have nothing else to do. One of the only games I know about that has Replayability is Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Which I love to play actually). I wasn't trying to imply that Graphics were everything, I was just trying to say Graphics can be just as engaging as a wiimote. Bioshock is proof of that. Honestly, using movements in a game with bad graphics isn't as engaging as using a controller in a game that is dependent on sight and sound, like Bioshock. i don't really know of any games that does it's job to immerse you into the game. While many games, like RE5, Condemned, and Bioshock are already using Graphics to immerse you.

Exero
08-12-2008, 09:08 PM
PS3 is alrigh't online and its free. Xbox360 is awsome online lots of players more fun i find personally but you pay.:banana

I say go with the Xbox360 :thumbs

Max Galleio
08-13-2008, 05:37 AM
i didn't think of that. but u didn't mention the other games like: mario kart wii, wii sports, wii fit, spiderman3(horrible graphics). sure bioshock had great graphics and sound, and even gave u brass balls as an achievement, but ppl like me look for more interactivity when playing something.(but i still appreciate the oldies!) wii games aren't bad graphics(except spiderman3) they are used in a new way. simple, rounded ppl based on what u look like, or based on personality u can use them in many games. bioshock, condemned, and re5 use it on 360 and PS3(only re5). those use graphics to immerse u while the wii use motion to immerse u. for example *wwe svr 08* it used the wiimote for punching.....thats it. with 09 they r making so that u can do ur favorite superstars ring entrance and add more interactivity to the actual wrestling part. (can't wait i have it reserved and am paying it off).
(unrelated: how long u been gaming?)

Dr.Genjoah
08-13-2008, 06:03 AM
I've been gaming for around 12 - 13 years , lol. First console I ever had was a Sega 3 :thumbs

Max Galleio
08-13-2008, 06:19 AM
I've been gaming for around 12 - 13 years , lol. First console I ever had was a Sega 3 :thumbs
heh 13 yrs. for me too. i can name off every system i've ever played. (sad isn't it) but i try to keep a normal obsession with gaming, but sometimes get excited when a new game that i know i'll like comes out, like rb2 and gh4 and tos dotnw and wwe svr 09 and madworld and RE5

Celtic19
08-13-2008, 11:25 AM
360 owns noobs

Dr.Genjoah
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
360 owns noobs

One of the problems I have with Xbox 360 is fanboys with that type of mentality. The amount of racist, annoying, 10 year olds, and slow people on Xbox Live is amazing. I remember watching my bro play Call of Duty 4 a couple of days ago, and the whole match someone was singing the song "hello barbie, lets go party". Ugh.

Max Galleio
08-13-2008, 12:59 PM
lol seriously!? man, my friend told me he was playing tf2 on the pc. and he was saying that some1 was singing the lion king theme song for 5 min. before he was shot in the head.....by my friend. (in the game) *aye akenya kanalisenoma*(dunno how to spell the words of the lion king theme song.)

narutoball
08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
You have your bad expierences with all online games, your going to get *****s, thats why i loves the mute button on xbox live O: