PDA

View Full Version : Rockband2, Gh4

Max Galleio
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
:thumbswhich would you buy? the mic guitar and drums from rb1 cross on rb2 and gh4

SativaSam
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
RB2. Guitar Hero is called GUITAR Hero for a reason. If they're gonna rip off RB and do a full band thing, then they need to rename it Band Hero.

Max Galleio
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
RB2. Guitar Hero is called GUITAR Hero for a reason. If they're gonna rip off RB and do a full band thing, then they need to rename it Band Hero.
good point but if they did that then past guitar heros would lose their signifigance, believe it or not there are ppl that will go out buy the game and 1 SEPERATE instrument most likely guitar because ppl are gh exstremists

NYCking123
08-05-2008, 06:32 PM
GH4. I mean i know its called guitar hero but guitar hero is the original game of its kind. Oh, and have you seen the drums on gh4, they play and look a lot more realistic. Plus, you get to create your own songs. So gh4 for me

codexavellum
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I am getting GH4. Got it preordered

snakester
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM

Actually. Rock band is a rip of guitar hero. Activision was too impatient and instead of waiting for GH4 they got all worked up and went solo and created rockband. So technically RockBand ripped off GH4.

spikel
08-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Snakester. Harmonix created Guitar Hero, made 1 and 2. After they sold GH to Activision Harmonix made Rock Band. Harmonix created BOTH concepts. Before that they made Frequency, Amplitude, and karaoke revolution. So, Activision has copied Harmonix twice. Activision never even published any Harmonix games, I think it's MTV Games that publishes for Harmonix.

Deh Pwnage
08-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Actually. Rock band is a rip of guitar hero. Activision was too impatient and instead of waiting for GH4 they got all worked up and went solo and created rockband. So technically RockBand ripped off GH4.

they are the exact same creators. so how did they rip their own game off?? i think rockband 2 will be the best game out of he guitar heros and rockband 1.

SativaSam
08-06-2008, 03:21 AM

Um, no...Harmonix made Guitar Hero 1, 2, RT80's, and Rock Band. NEVERSOFT made GH3, GH:Aerosmith, and GH: World Tour.

Activision didn't get impatient, it was because Neversoft bought them out. So, Harmonix wanted to continue developing games, thus them making Rock Band.

Get your facts straight before accusing the makers of the first two Guitar Hero's ripoffs.

socrplayer46
08-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Um, no...Harmonix made Guitar Hero 1, 2, RT80's, and Rock Band. NEVERSOFT made GH3, GH:Aerosmith, and GH: World Tour.

Activision didn't get impatient, it was because Neversoft bought them out. So, Harmonix wanted to continue developing games, thus them making Rock Band.

Get your facts straight before accusing the makers of the first two Guitar Hero's ripoffs.

actually to keep this going... it was konami that came up with all the games... they had all of the games out in japan... and there was drum mania... and they were the first to do all of it pretty much... and then people from guitar hero came along and made rock band... (dont get me wrong... im a GH player)

Max Galleio
08-06-2008, 03:46 AM
i personally will get both rd2 and gh4 see rb1's instruments will cross on gh4 and rb2 along with transferring songs from rb1 to rb2 no dlc though for wii that sucks but gh4 will have user created dlc. i think there is a special add-on part u can buy to make the drums from rb1 more like rb2

narutoball
08-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Definately rock band 2, By the end of the year the game will have 500 avaliable songs, at release it ships with 85 songs similar to GH4, but you get 20 songs free on DLC. Do by the end of the year you can have either...

GH4: 85 songs, maybe some more from DLC by the end of the year so say 110 songs

RB2: 500 songs by the end of the year, also gets new band challeneges each week along with DLC.

So RB2 all the way for me, saving up for hopefully an ion drumrocker as well

NYCking123
08-06-2008, 07:45 AM
did they release the song lists for them yet? I know i saw one for gh4 but i didn't know if it was true or not

narutoball
08-06-2008, 07:48 AM
The one that was leaked was confirmed to be fake

snakester
08-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Definately rock band 2, By the end of the year the game will have 500 avaliable songs, at release it ships with 85 songs similar to GH4, but you get 20 songs free on DLC. Do by the end of the year you can have either...

GH4: 85 songs, maybe some more from DLC by the end of the year so say 110 songs

RB2: 500 songs by the end of the year, also gets new band challeneges each week along with DLC.

So RB2 all the way for me, saving up for hopefully an ion drumrocker as well

But with GH4 you can record your own songs so increase that number by alot lol.

snakester
08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Also greg delete that post before you get banned. No ref links allowed or anything that redirects you to a ref link

Max Galleio
08-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Also greg delete that post before you get banned. No ref links allowed or anything that redirects you to a ref link
exactly i'll report u to muggsy the way ppl reported me read the tos for god sakes

NYCking123
08-06-2008, 06:07 PM
to get back on subject... you guys are starting to change my mind about gh4..i might get rockband 2 now...i mean would you have to create every note for gh4 when you make a song or will it do it for you?

Max Galleio
08-06-2008, 08:02 PM
to get back on subject... you guys are starting to change my mind about gh4..i might get rockband 2 now...i mean would you have to create every note for gh4 when you make a song or will it do it for you?
it will create the song on expert for you but you'll need to do the other diffuculties myself (to tell you the truth i'd rather just put songs on the sd card then create that note by note copyright or not)

Max Galleio
08-06-2008, 08:04 PM
it will create the song on expert for you but you'll need to do the other diffuculties myself (to tell you the truth i'd rather just put songs on the sd card then create that note by note copyright or not)
i'm gettin both fer x-mas along with the games i'm payin for myself tos dawn of the new world, wwe svr 09, re5(after x-mas) and if i'm lucky mkwii, or ssbb

SativaSam
08-07-2008, 03:23 AM
The create a song feature is cool, but it'll take forever to find a good chart that isn't Stairway to Heaven or some insanely horrible chart.

Max Galleio
08-07-2008, 05:04 AM
The create a song feature is cool, but it'll take forever to find a good chart that isn't Stairway to Heaven or some insanely horrible chart.
i would have like 5 iron maiden 5 ac dc 5 metallica and maybe 6 or 7 nickelback first song i'd put on there is Hero- nickelback :p

narutoball
08-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Yea, The creating you own songs feature in GH4 is what gives it its edge, but creating good charts would be something that would be hard, ill get GH4, but not for a while, i just find RB2 set list to awesome

Max Galleio
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
so do i. but i don't have 360 which is y i want gh4 more than rb2