PDA

View Full Version : how do you burn a game?

2C
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM
like a 360 game? what kind of disks? will a DVD burner work? can i have a tut?

badmanmeow
08-04-2008, 01:33 PM

Sssshhhhh.... PM me.

SativaSam
08-04-2008, 01:34 PM

http://forums.rewards1.com/showthread.php?t=10561

I'm trying to reduce the massive amount of topics created a day. Please just ask questions in the above thread.

parsons130
08-04-2008, 01:35 PM
you cant, unless you have a mod chip! (maybe thats just for wii, im not sure)

badmanmeow
08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
http://forums.rewards1.com/showthread.php?t=10561

I'm trying to reduce the massive amount of topics created a day. Please just ask questions in the above thread.

Comeon Sativa. This aint spam like the others. It shouldn't really be here (should be in general discussion or Q&A). And it's not a mod chip. You have to flash it. Very difficult process for some to do (but not me)!

narutoball
08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
well i'm bored so ill give an explanation on how i do it. Look for a guide on how to flash your 360, at this point i presume you have, you need a dual layer dvd burner and theres a specific dual layer break you need..its 19----- something..i forget at this moment in time. You need DL DVD's since xbox 360 games are dual layer, just look for guides on how to do it, it was pretty simple (except the flashing part @.@) to get mine up and running. You just need an IDE to SATA to connect the 360s drive to the computer to dump the firmwire, when you know what your doing its not that hard, its just you need to keep doing it whenever microsoft have patched the problem, at the moment i can only remember the last one i flashed was iXtreme. i would really not reccomend playing online with a flashed 360, i just bought another unit off ebay which had red rings, only cost like 25 bucks, did the X Clamp fix and had it going!

hope that helps

Rewards1Noob
08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Comeon Sativa. This aint spam like the others. It shouldn't really be here (should be in general discussion or Q&A). And it's not a mod chip. You have to flash it. Very difficult process for some to do (but not me)!

erm could you tell me as well?:p

badmanmeow
08-04-2008, 01:40 PM
well i'm bored so ill give an explanation on how i do it. Look for a guide on how to flash your 360, at this point i presume you have, you need a dual layer dvd burner and theres a specific dual layer break you need..its 19----- something..i forget at this moment in time. You need DL DVD's since xbox 360 games are dual layer, just look for guides on how to do it, it was pretty simple (except the flashing part @.@) to get mine up and running.

hope that helps

And the Dual layers are more expensive than your average DVD. And you can't use any random one. It has to be Verbatim or another make that has the same specs as verbatim. Verbatim runs best though.

narutoball
08-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I just use memorex 8x, works well with my wii, its a bit hit and miss with xbox 360, 75% work i would say, definately get verb's stuff as they are much higher quality.

parsons130
08-04-2008, 01:43 PM
ok you could just get a mod chip for your xbox 360 and then buy your games from China for $3 each!! Wow thats really easy!

My friend did that to his wii, he had someone install it for him, he spent like $350 on the wii the mod chip and the intallation, and he has evey single game for the wii!! Yes, every game for the wii and they cost him like $100 total!! That is except the newest games

LittlePete1
08-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Stupid hackers...:disgust
Buy your games properly, developers spend their lifes creating those games and if you steal them (download them) The devs won't get as much reward for creating them. If everyone stole games, there would be no more games. Have some respect for the industry. :disgust

narutoball
08-04-2008, 01:48 PM
modchips work a bit differently on a 360, i'm pretty certain microsoft have kept up to date with all the modchips and have blocked most of them...thats what i remember has happened, but flashing is way better and more effective, it can be reversed pretty easily as well.

Nintendo are pretty fail at the hardware as the Wii has been completely torn apart, they only ever blocked the wiikey on some models, then the D2C came along, heck even on the older wiis that have a wiikey like mine, still aren't blocked. Also the twilgiht hack was updated to work on update 3.3 after 6 hours of it being out....its pathetic. I'm a huge nintendo fan though, so i'm not to bothered if i'm getting great quality games at scuh...low prices xD

Edit:

In response i do buy quite alot of games still as downloading 8 gigs can get tiresome at points, but thats where rewards1 and amazon market place come in =)

parsons130
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Stupid hackers...:disgust
Buy your games properly, developers spend their lifes creating those games and if you steal them (download them) The devs won't get as much reward for creating them. If everyone stole games, there would be no more games. Have some respect for the industry. :disgust

All wii games should be FREE anyways! They all suck!

MaximoMilkman
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Verbatim all the WAY. there the best out there i think. and like other people said you need to flash your 360 or mod chip it i suggest flashing.. i seen somewhere there was a thing that flashed it for you like you plug it in and it flashes it pretty cool.. idk where i seen it though.. i suggest not flashing your 360 though buy a used one for like 150 fix it then mod it all you want.

BIG-bone
08-04-2008, 06:25 PM
check out http://www.xbox360iso.com/
they have tuts on how to flash ur 360, how to copy ur games and burn your games and they also have 360 games to download. sister site of the http://www.pspiso.com/

CEO
08-04-2008, 06:52 PM
i heard that if you burn a game, you cannot play on XBOX LIVE. Is this true? Or have hackers worked around it.

BIG-bone
08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
i heard that if you burn a game, you cannot play on XBOX LIVE. Is this true? Or have hackers worked around it.

yeah you can play 360 games on live you just gotta patch the iso that's called "stealth" and be able to play on live

comrade
08-05-2008, 12:32 AM
isnt it called chipping????

i had it done to my ps2 and i could play many difff games

narutoball
08-05-2008, 06:52 AM
the dangerous thing is when you play on xbox live with a burned game microsoft can detect it, it can only go undetected when you don't actually play them online. Even with iXtreme there are alot of cases of people being banned

Its flashing, there is no effective mod chip for the 360, and i would highly reccomend xbox360iso as well =)

spaz_iceman
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a pdf tut if anyone would like it....

spaz_iceman
11-17-2008, 05:23 PM
If you use iXtreme version 1.4 (the latest one) it's not currently detectable. I could tell you why, but I wont bore you all :)

All you need to do is believe me. I'm very experienced in this subject.

Logic
11-17-2008, 07:15 PM

You just stick it in the microwave and watch the sparks fly! It's a pretty sight.